Garmin map updates
Garmin map updates (garmin.com)
The Garmin map updates refer to the updating of the previous maps or addition of the latest and updated maps. The Garmin maps can be updated by using the Garmin Express software deployed only for the map-related operations. What you need to do is just download this Garmin Express software on your PC (Windows/Mac).
You will need to access the Garmin express web address i.e. www.garmin.com/express in the address bar of the browser and hit enter. The Garmin GPS device’s map needs to be changed with the latest one as soon as it is released. Garmin Maps update can be done even by the noobs who are not much familiar with the interface of the Garmin device. Garmin web domain www.garmin.com navigates the user to various other sections of it like the product catalog, Garmin Connect (community), Garmin Express etc.
Garmin map update through Garmin Express
Let us show you the detailed and understandable guide for updating the maps of your Garmin Nuvi navigation device. Go through the instruction set carefully to successfully update the existing maps of Garmin device.
- Open the web browser of your computer and make sure you have a working high-speed internet connection. Enter the garmin.com/express web address in the address bar.
- Then, download and install the Garmin Express software on your computer.
- Start the Garmin Express software on the computer and connect your Garmin device to the computer with the help of a USB cable.
- Wait for few seconds till the Express software detects the presence of your navigation device (Garmin Nuvi or whatever you are using).
- Within a few seconds, your device will be shown up on the homepage of the Garmin Express software.
- Double click on the icon of your respective Garmin device to check the availability of any map that needs to be installed on the Garmin device.
- If an update is available to be downloaded, there will be installation button in its right, just click that install button and proceed with the update.
Garmin Connect (Community)
The Garmin Connect community is a virtual social media space through which all THE Garmin users can get connected to each other is a single place.
- The users need to register or sign up with their personal information like the name, contact details and other information.
- After signing up with your personal information, the login credentials i.e. username and password will be generated through which Garmin connect can be logged in.
- The Garmin Connect keeps and publishes the records of all the users on a single dashboard. These records are mainly the physical activities like the total length covered through running and various other sports and fitness related activities.
Uses of Garmin Connect
- The Garmin Connect space allows a single Garmin user to compare his/her personal activity statistics with the rest of the members of the Garmin Connect.
- You can set and follow the goals for your fitness and other activities.
- This Connect platform encourages the athlete to compete with the other active members.
- Also, they can set their own deadlines and see the transformational statistics in a single click of the Connect.
How to set up your Garmin Nuvi?
Garmin Nuvi device can be set up and installed in some easy and convenient steps.
Let us make you understand what you need to do while setting up the Garmin Nuvi device. Below is the full-fledged guide of setting up the Garmin Nuvi device.
- Unpack the Garmin Nuvi GPS device from its factory packaging and see if all the necessary components like power supply cord, user manual and other essentials are included in the box.
- Your Garmin device has an inbuilt battery that can render a power back up of up to three hours, therefore you have the option whether you want to connect your GPS device to the car power outlet or not.
- Switch on your Garmin Nuvi GPS device and wait for the device to get on until the welcome screen.
- Now, select your home country, language and time zone is available on the home window of the Garmin GPS device.
- Then you will have to put a check on the radio button of the agreement of the terms and conditions of the Garmin device.
- You are now ready to use your Garmin Nuvi GPS navigator for a better and precise navigation.
- Upon the successful access into the Garmin navigation device, few of the features will be available in the home window i.e. Points on interests, settings etc.
You are now ready to use the Garmin Nuvi device for effective and accurate navigation.
Some of the important features of Garmin device
- Wireless connectivity (Bluetooth)
- Real traffic view
- Audio navigation assistance
- Point to point navigation
- Points of interests (PoI)
Real-time traffic view
The Real-time traffic view helps the user in getting an advance idea of the traffic pursuing ahead on his/her router. The user needs to simply drag the router forward/ backward and see the colors of the route to get an idea about the traffic congestion in the area. Red color indicates highly intense traffic jams and congestions, while yellow and blue colors of the routes indicate less and nil traffic in the route.
Points on interests (PoI)
The points of interests refer to the frequently visited places like the restaurants, gas stations, shopping stores, and other places. The Point of interest is useful in getting the navigation done to a frequently visited place quickly. There would be several of these PoIs available on the home window of the Garmin GPS navigator.
The audio navigation is quite a useful feature of this navigation device because it is through this feature that a driver need not look into the display of the navigator and hence keeping the driver away from the distractions of following the Garmin Nuvi navigator. The Garmin user can simply listen to the audio navigation instructions from the Nuvi device and carry on with the driving simultaneously. This results in safeguarding the driver and other surrounding vehicles of that route.
Wireless connectivity of smartphones
The users can connect their smartphones with their Garmin Nuvi device through the Bluetooth feature. What they need to do is just open the Bluetooth of the Garmin device and search for the available Bluetooth devices nearby Once your smartphone is listed in the list of devices. Just touch your phone icon on the Garmin display to get your Garmin device connected to the phone. The users can either make or receive calls through the Nuvi GPS device rendering their hands free. This, in turn, helps in keeping the driver safe while driving.